cheerful, jolly, upbeat
Egy vidám ember élete nem feltétlenül gondtalan.
The life of a jolly person isn’t necessarily free of problems.
[A cheerful person life-his not necessarily problem-free.]
A vidám hozzáállás sok helyzetet megkönnyít.
A cheerful attitude makes lots of situations easier.
[A cheerful attitude many situation(acc.) easifies.]
boldog – happy
keserű / keserűség – bitter / bitterness (also the taste)
kacag – to laugh in an especially cheerful way
mosoly / mosolyog – to smile / smile
nevet – to laugh
gondtalan – carefree, without problems
szomorú – sad
vidámpark – amusement park
vidámság – cheerfulness, jollyness
Did you like today’s word? Do you have a favourite memory hook for it or do you get it into your brain in a completely different way? Did we miss something in the explanation?
Share your thoughts, word visualizations or learning tips below in the comments and remember, the more you use a new word, the easier it will stick in your memory!
Wanna learn more?
- FREE Course: The Fast Lane to Understand Hungarian!
- Smart Hungarian Audio Course: Finally Understand Natural, Spoken Hungarian!
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Learn the Hungarian Present Tense (in 30 Minutes)
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Everything You Need to Know about “Meg”
- 23 Awesome Hungarian Words that Don’t Exist in English
- 35 Good Reasons You Should Bother Learning Hungarian
- Learn Hungarian Passively: 8 Ways to integrate Hungarian into your Everyday-Life
- Learn the Hungarian Numbers in 9 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)
- Learn the Hungarian Alphabet in 4 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)