earth, soil, ground
Egyre több ember él a földön.
More-and-more human live the earth-on.
The are more and more people living on earth.
Még nedves a virágok földje, úgyhogy nem kell locsolni.
Still humid the flowers’s soil, so-that not need to-water,
The soil of the flowers is still wet so there’s no need to water them.
Leesett a földre a telefonom és összetört a kijelzője.
Down-fell the ground-onto the phone-my and together-broke the display-its.
My phone fell on the ground and its display broke.
bolygó – planet
földönkívüli – alien, extraterrestrial
földrész / kontinens – continent
kerek – round
népesség – population
univerzum – universe
űr – space
világ – world
soil & ground
ás – to dig
barna – brown
földréteg – stratum
gyökér – root
nedves – humid, wet
padló – another word for ground, but only in buildings (the ground of a flat or a house or a room)
plafon – roof
száraz – dry
temet – to bury
Did you like today’s word? Do you have a favourite memory hook for it or do you get it into your brain in a completely different way? Did we miss something in the explanation?
Share your thoughts, word visualizations or learning tips below in the comments and remember, the more you use a new word, the easier it will stick in your memory!
Wanna learn more?
- How to Learn Hungarian – The Ultimate Guide
- FREE Course: The Fast Lane to Understand Hungarian!
- Smart Hungarian Audio Course: Finally Understand Natural, Spoken Hungarian!
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: The 10 Most Important Hungarian Verbs (and how to Use them)
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Learn the Hungarian Present Tense (in 30 Minutes)
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Everything You Need to Know about “Meg”
- 23 Awesome Hungarian Words that Don’t Exist in English
- 35 Good Reasons You Should Bother Learning Hungarian
- Learn Hungarian Passively: 8 Ways to integrate Hungarian into your Everyday-Life
- Learn the Hungarian Numbers in 9 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)
- Learn the Hungarian Alphabet in 4 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)