Senki nem szeret kórházban lenni, de néha muszáj.
Nobody not likes hospital-in to-be, but sometimes necessary.
Nobody likes to be in a hospital but sometimes it’s necessary.
Nagyon kedvesek voltak az ápolónők a kórházban.
Very nice were the nurses the hospital-in.
The nurses in the hospital were very nice.
ápoló / ápolónő – male nurse / nurse
kezel – to treat
kórterem – ward
látogató – visitor
mentő – emergency ambulance
műtét / műtő – surgery (the act & the room)
orvos – doctor
sürgősségi osztály – emergency department
Did you like today’s word? Do you have a favourite memory hook for it or do you get it into your brain in a completely different way? Did we miss something in the explanation?
Share your thoughts, word visualizations or learning tips below in the comments and remember, the more you use a new word, the easier it will stick in your memory!
Wanna learn more?
- How to Learn Hungarian – The Ultimate Guide
- FREE Course: The Fast Lane to Understand Hungarian!
- Smart Hungarian Audio Course: Finally Understand Natural, Spoken Hungarian!
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: The 10 Most Important Hungarian Verbs (and how to Use them)
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Learn the Hungarian Present Tense (in 30 Minutes)
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Everything You Need to Know about “Meg”
- 23 Awesome Hungarian Words that Don’t Exist in English
- 35 Good Reasons You Should Bother Learning Hungarian
- Learn Hungarian Passively: 8 Ways to integrate Hungarian into your Everyday-Life
- Learn the Hungarian Numbers in 9 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)
- Learn the Hungarian Alphabet in 4 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)