The peace has to BE KEpt.
Soha nem szoktunk veszekedni, de ha igen, akkor nagyon hamar kibékülünk.
We usually don’t fight but if we do we make up really quickly.
[Never not do-regularly-we fight, bit if yes, then very quickly out-peace-we.]
A földön szinte soha nincsen mindenhol béke.
There’s almost never complete peace in the world.
[The earth-on almost never not-exist everywhere peace.]
háború – war
harc – fight
békés – peaceful
kibékül – to make up with someone (after a fight)
megbékél (valamivel) – to come to peace (with sth.)
békeszerződés – peace agreement
Not to be confused with:
béka – frog
Did you like today’s word? Do you have a favourite memory hook for it or do you get it into your brain in a completely different way? Did we miss something in the explanation?
Share your thoughts, word visualizations or learning tips below in the comments and remember, the more you use a new word, the easier it will stick in your memory!
Wanna learn more?
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Learn the Hungarian Present Tense (in 30 Minutes)
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Everything You Need to Know about “Meg”
- 23 Awesome Hungarian Words that Don’t Exist in English
- 35 Good Reasons You Should Bother Learning Hungarian
- Learn Hungarian Passively: 8 Ways to integrate Hungarian into your Everyday-Life
- Learn the Hungarian Numbers in 9 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)
- Learn the Hungarian Alphabet in 4 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)