Be akarom bizonyítani, hogy nekem van igazam.
I want to prove that I am right.
[In want-I to-prove, that for-me exists right-my.]
Elhiszem, nem kell bebizonyítanod.
I believe it, you don’t have to prove it.
[Away-believe-it-I, not need in-prove-it-you.]
bebizonyít – to prove sth. “once and for all”
Bizony! – Colloq. way of amplifying the significance / truth of a statement
bizonyíték – proof, evidence
bizonyítvány – certificate
cáfol / megcáfol – to refute, to refute sth. “once and for all”
érv / érvel – argument / to reason
tény – fact
Did you like today’s word? Do you have a favourite memory hook for it or do you get it into your brain in a completely different way? Did we miss something in the explanation?
Share your thoughts, word visualizations or learning tips below in the comments and remember, the more you use a new word, the easier it will stick in your memory!
Wanna learn more?
- FREE Course: The Fast Lane to Understand Hungarian!
- Smart Hungarian Audio Course: Finally Understand Natural, Spoken Hungarian!
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Learn the Hungarian Present Tense (in 30 Minutes)
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Everything You Need to Know about “Meg”
- 23 Awesome Hungarian Words that Don’t Exist in English
- 35 Good Reasons You Should Bother Learning Hungarian
- Learn Hungarian Passively: 8 Ways to integrate Hungarian into your Everyday-Life
- Learn the Hungarian Numbers in 9 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)
- Learn the Hungarian Alphabet in 4 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)