A bőr, amiben élek – Hungarian title of the movie “The Skin I live in”
The skin I live in
[The skin, which-in live-I]
Végre vettem egy jó bőrcipőt.
I finally bought good leather shoes.
[Finally bought-I a good leather-shoe(acc.).]
szőr – body hair, fur
libabőr – goosebumps
köröm – nail (on fingers, toes)
Not to be confused with:
bor – wine
börtön – jail
Did you like today’s word? Do you have a favourite memory hook for it or do you get it into your brain in a completely different way? Did we miss something in the explanation?
Share your thoughts, word visualizations or learning tips below in the comments and remember, the more you use a new word, the easier it will stick in your memory!
Wanna learn more?
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Learn the Hungarian Present Tense (in 30 Minutes)
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Everything You Need to Know about “Meg”
- 23 Awesome Hungarian Words that Don’t Exist in English
- 35 Good Reasons You Should Bother Learning Hungarian
- Learn Hungarian Passively: 8 Ways to integrate Hungarian into your Everyday-Life
- Learn the Hungarian Numbers in 9 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)
- Learn the Hungarian Alphabet in 4 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)