Olyan vékony vagy, miért nem eszel többet? /nagymama/
You’re so thin, why don’t you eat more? /grandma/
[So thin are-you, why not eat-you more(acc.)?] /great-mum/
Túl vékony ez a szelet kenyér.
This slice of bread is too thin.
[Too thin this the slice bread.]
vastag – thick
kövér – fat
sovány – thin (synonym to vékony)
széles – wide
keskeny – narrow
Did you like today’s word? Do you have a favourite memory hook for it or do you get it into your brain in a completely different way? Did we miss something in the explanation?
Share your thoughts, word visualizations or learning tips below in the comments and remember, the more you use a new word, the easier it will stick in your memory!
Wanna learn more?
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Learn the Hungarian Present Tense (in 30 Minutes)
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Everything You Need to Know about “Meg”
- 23 Awesome Hungarian Words that Don’t Exist in English
- 35 Good Reasons You Should Bother Learning Hungarian
- Learn Hungarian Passively: 8 Ways to integrate Hungarian into your Everyday-Life
- Learn the Hungarian Numbers in 9 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)
- Learn the Hungarian Alphabet in 4 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)