A bronz többféle fémből áll.
Bronze consists of multiple metals.
[The bronze more-kinds-of metal-out-from-stands. (valamiből áll (“stand out of something”) – to consist of sth.)]
A fém egy kémiai elem.
Metal is a chemical element.
[The metal a chemical element.]
alumínium – aluminium
nemesfém – noble metal
ezüst – silver
szürke – grey
elem – element
anyag – material
kémia – chemistry
Not to be confused with:
fény – light
fél – to be afraid / to be scared; also: half
Did you like today’s word? Do you have a favourite memory hook for it or do you get it into your brain in a completely different way? Did we miss something in the explanation?
Share your thoughts, word visualizations or learning tips below in the comments and remember, the more you use a new word, the easier it will stick in your memory!
Wanna learn more?
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Learn the Hungarian Present Tense (in 30 Minutes)
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Everything You Need to Know about “Meg”
- 23 Awesome Hungarian Words that Don’t Exist in English
- 35 Good Reasons You Should Bother Learning Hungarian
- Learn Hungarian Passively: 8 Ways to integrate Hungarian into your Everyday-Life
- Learn the Hungarian Numbers in 9 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)
- Learn the Hungarian Alphabet in 4 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)