Ma meglepem a barátomat egy vacsorával.
Today surprise-I the boyfriend-my a dinner-with.
Today I’ll surprise my boyfriend with a dinner.
Szeretem, ha valaki meglep.
Like-it-I, if someone surprises.
I like it if someone surprises me.
ajándék – gift, present
ajándékoz – to gift
csodálkozás – astonishment
csodálkozik – to wonder, to be astonished, to be surprised
meglepetés – surprise (n.)
meglepi – colloq. abbrev. for surprise (n.)
meglepő – surprsing
szülinap – birthday
váratlan – unexpected
Not to be confused with
meglép – to clear out, to make a step
Did you like today’s word? Do you have a favourite memory hook for it or do you get it into your brain in a completely different way? Did we miss something in the explanation?
Share your thoughts, word visualizations or learning tips below in the comments and remember, the more you use a new word, the easier it will stick in your memory!
Wanna learn more?
- FREE Course: The Fast Lane to Understand Hungarian!
- Smart Hungarian Audio Course: Finally Understand Natural, Spoken Hungarian!
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: The 10 Most Important Hungarian Verbs (and how to Use them)
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Learn the Hungarian Present Tense (in 30 Minutes)
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Everything You Need to Know about “Meg”
- 23 Awesome Hungarian Words that Don’t Exist in English
- 35 Good Reasons You Should Bother Learning Hungarian
- Learn Hungarian Passively: 8 Ways to integrate Hungarian into your Everyday-Life
- Learn the Hungarian Numbers in 9 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)
- Learn the Hungarian Alphabet in 4 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)