Fúj a szél a kabátomon keresztül.
Blows the wind the jacket-my across.
The wind is blowing through my jacket.
Sikerült elfújnom az összes gyertyát a tortán.
Succeeded out-to-blow-I the all candle(acc.) the cake-on.
I managed to blow out all candles on the cake.
elfúj – to blow out
felfúj – to exaggerate (mostly when telling a story) – to make sth. more bigger or interesting than it actually is
gyertya – candle
kifúj – to come to an end, to become empty, to be over
megfúj – to steal (colloq.)
szél – wind
Did you like today’s word? Do you have a favourite memory hook for it or do you get it into your brain in a completely different way? Did we miss something in the explanation?
Share your thoughts, word visualizations or learning tips below in the comments and remember, the more you use a new word, the easier it will stick in your memory!
Wanna learn more?
- FREE Course: The Fast Lane to Understand Hungarian!
- Smart Hungarian Audio Course: Finally Understand Natural, Spoken Hungarian!
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Learn the Hungarian Present Tense (in 30 Minutes)
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Everything You Need to Know about “Meg”
- 23 Awesome Hungarian Words that Don’t Exist in English
- 35 Good Reasons You Should Bother Learning Hungarian
- Learn Hungarian Passively: 8 Ways to integrate Hungarian into your Everyday-Life
- Learn the Hungarian Numbers in 9 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)
- Learn the Hungarian Alphabet in 4 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)