Melegen öltöztem, mert nagyon fúj a szél.
Warmly dressed-I, because very blows the wind.
I dressed warmly because there’s a strong wind blowing.
Nincs időm már felöltözni, mert késésben vagyok.
Not-exists time-my yet up-to-dress, because lateness-in am-I.
I don’t have time to dress up anymore because I’m running late.
átöltözik – to get changed (i.e. to change dresses)
beöltözik – to dress up in a costume (e.g. as a clown) (literally: to dress “in”)
kiöltözik – to dress up (literally: to dress “out”)
felöltözik – to get dressed (literally: to dress “up”)
jelmez – costume
meztelen – naked
öltözék – outfit, the way someone dressed
ruha – cloth
stílus – style
vetkőzik – to undress
Did you like today’s word? Do you have a favourite memory hook for it or do you get it into your brain in a completely different way? Did we miss something in the explanation?
Share your thoughts, word visualizations or learning tips below in the comments and remember, the more you use a new word, the easier it will stick in your memory!
Wanna learn more?
- FREE Course: The Fast Lane to Understand Hungarian!
- Smart Hungarian Audio Course: Finally Understand Natural, Spoken Hungarian!
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Learn the Hungarian Present Tense (in 30 Minutes)
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Everything You Need to Know about “Meg”
- 23 Awesome Hungarian Words that Don’t Exist in English
- 35 Good Reasons You Should Bother Learning Hungarian
- Learn Hungarian Passively: 8 Ways to integrate Hungarian into your Everyday-Life
- Learn the Hungarian Numbers in 9 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)
- Learn the Hungarian Alphabet in 4 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)