Strange, odd, weird
FOR Jack everything is strange.
Néha furcsa hangulata van Budapestnek.
Sometimes, Budapest has a strange atmosphere.
[Sometimes strange atmosphere-of is-there Budapest-of.]
Elsőre nagyon fura a magyar nyelv.
Hungarian is a very weird language at first.
[First-on very weird the Hungarian language.]
megszokott – common, usual, ordinary
Did you like today’s word? Do you have a favourite memory hook for it or do you get it into your brain in a completely different way? Did we miss something in the explanation?
Share your thoughts, word visualizations or learning tips below in the comments and remember, the more you use a new word, the easier it will stick in your memory!
Wanna learn more?
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Learn the Hungarian Present Tense (in 30 Minutes)
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Everything You Need to Know about “Meg”
- 23 Awesome Hungarian Words that Don’t Exist in English
- 35 Good Reasons You Should Bother Learning Hungarian
- Learn Hungarian Passively: 8 Ways to integrate Hungarian into your Everyday-Life
- Learn the Hungarian Numbers in 9 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)
- Learn the Hungarian Alphabet in 4 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)