factory, plant (non-botanical!)
A gyárak sokszor ártalmasak a környezetre.
Factories are often harmful to the environment.
[The factories often harmful-they the environment-on.]
Soha nem akarnék egy sötét gyárban dolgozni.
I’d never want to work in a dark factory.
[Never not want-would-I a dark factory-in work.]
gyártás – production
gép – machine
raktár – warehouse
munka – work
fizikai munkás – blue-collar worker
kémény – chimney
termék – product
futószalag – assembly line
Not to be confused with:
jár – to go
gyúr – to knead, to work out (in the gym)
gyér – sparse
Did you like today’s word? Do you have a favourite memory hook for it or do you get it into your brain in a completely different way? Did we miss something in the explanation?
Share your thoughts, word visualizations or learning tips below in the comments and remember, the more you use a new word, the easier it will stick in your memory!
Wanna learn more?
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Learn the Hungarian Present Tense (in 30 Minutes)
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Everything You Need to Know about “Meg”
- 23 Awesome Hungarian Words that Don’t Exist in English
- 35 Good Reasons You Should Bother Learning Hungarian
- Learn Hungarian Passively: 8 Ways to integrate Hungarian into your Everyday-Life
- Learn the Hungarian Numbers in 9 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)
- Learn the Hungarian Alphabet in 4 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)