A titkárom kezeli az összes időpontomat.
My secretary handles all my appointments.
[The secretary-my handles the every appointment-my.]
Egy megbízható titkár a legjobb befektetés.
A reliable secretary is the best investment.
[A reliable secretary the best investment.]
titkárnő – female secretary
iroda – office
időpont – appointment
irat – document, file (non-digital)
Not to be confused with:
titok – secret (note how the word is derived from “secret” in both English and Hungarian!)
kár – harm (n.), unfortunately
Did you like today’s word? Do you have a favourite memory hook for it or do you get it into your brain in a completely different way? Did we miss something in the explanation?
Share your thoughts, word visualizations or learning tips below in the comments and remember, the more you use a new word, the easier it will stick in your memory!
Wanna learn more?
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Learn the Hungarian Present Tense (in 30 Minutes)
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Everything You Need to Know about “Meg”
- 23 Awesome Hungarian Words that Don’t Exist in English
- 35 Good Reasons You Should Bother Learning Hungarian
- Learn Hungarian Passively: 8 Ways to integrate Hungarian into your Everyday-Life
- Learn the Hungarian Numbers in 9 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)
- Learn the Hungarian Alphabet in 4 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)