A hadsereg egy része külföldön állomásozik.
One part of the army is stationed abroad.
[The army one part-of abroad-on stationing.]
A hadsereg katonákból áll.
The army consists of soldiers.
[The army soldiers-out-of stands.]
katona – soldier
katonaság – military
háború – war
fegyver – gun
sereg – flock / crowd
harcol – to fight
tábornok – general (n.)
küzdelem – battle / combat
küzd – to fight
Did you like today’s word? Do you have a favourite memory hook for it or do you get it into your brain in a completely different way? Did we miss something in the explanation?
Share your thoughts, word visualizations or learning tips below in the comments and remember, the more you use a new word, the easier it will stick in your memory!
Wanna learn more?
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Learn the Hungarian Present Tense (in 30 Minutes)
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Everything You Need to Know about “Meg”
- 23 Awesome Hungarian Words that Don’t Exist in English
- 35 Good Reasons You Should Bother Learning Hungarian
- Learn Hungarian Passively: 8 Ways to integrate Hungarian into your Everyday-Life
- Learn the Hungarian Numbers in 9 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)
- Learn the Hungarian Alphabet in 4 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)