to bend (passively – you get bended)
A gyümölcs hajlítja az ágat.
The fruit bends-it the tree-limb.
The fruit bends the tree limb.
Harrynek elhajlott a varázspálcája.
Harry-for away-bent the magic-wand-his.
Harry’s magic wand got bent.
görbe – bent, curved
görbül – another word for to bend, used more for things than for people and not figuratively
hajlandó – to be willing (to do sth.)
hajlam – affinity
hajlamos – susceptible, prone
hajlat – bend, crook
hajlít – to bend (actively) – you bend sth. else
ív – bow
lehajol – to bend forward
meghajol – to bow
Not to be confused with:
haj – hair
Did you like today’s word? Do you have a favourite memory hook for it or do you get it into your brain in a completely different way? Did we miss something in the explanation?
Share your thoughts, word visualizations or learning tips below in the comments and remember, the more you use a new word, the easier it will stick in your memory!
Wanna learn more?
- How to Learn Hungarian – The Ultimate Guide
- FREE Course: The Fast Lane to Understand Hungarian!
- Smart Hungarian Audio Course: Finally Understand Natural, Spoken Hungarian!
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: The 10 Most Important Hungarian Verbs (and how to Use them)
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Learn the Hungarian Present Tense (in 30 Minutes)
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Everything You Need to Know about “Meg”
- 23 Awesome Hungarian Words that Don’t Exist in English
- 35 Good Reasons You Should Bother Learning Hungarian
- Learn Hungarian Passively: 8 Ways to integrate Hungarian into your Everyday-Life
- Learn the Hungarian Numbers in 9 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)
- Learn the Hungarian Alphabet in 4 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)