(scooped) ice cream; the “official” form of fagyi is “fagylalt” which literally means “frozen”.
I eat my ice Cream even on FOGGY days
A legjobb, amikor tavasszal beindul a fagyiszezon.
The best thing is, when the ice-cream season starts in spring.
[The best, when spring-on starts the ice-cream-season.]
Egy tökéletes balatoni naphoz hozzátartozik a fagyi.
Ice cream is one of the main ingredients of a perfect day at lake Balaton.
[A perfect Balaton-y day-to to-belongs the ice cream.]
jégkrém – popsicle (every industrial ice cream, like Cornetto or Magnum). Literally, this would be ice-cream (jég = ice; krém = cream).
gombóc – scoop
Did you like today’s word? Do you have a favourite memory hook for it or do you get it into your brain in a completely different way? Did we miss something in the explanation?
Share your thoughts, word visualizations or learning tips below in the comments and remember, the more you use a new word, the easier it will stick in your memory!
Wanna learn more?
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Learn the Hungarian Present Tense (in 30 Minutes)
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Everything You Need to Know about “Meg”
- 23 Awesome Hungarian Words that Don’t Exist in English
- 35 Good Reasons You Should Bother Learning Hungarian
- Learn Hungarian Passively: 8 Ways to integrate Hungarian into your Everyday-Life
- Learn the Hungarian Numbers in 9 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)
- Learn the Hungarian Alphabet in 4 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)