Nem bírnék olyan emberrel együtt lenni, aki hazudik nekem.
Not bear-would-I such human-with together to-be, who lies for-me.
I couldn’t be together with a person who lies to me.
Éva akkor is hazudik, ha kérdez.
Éva then as-well lies, if asks.
Éva even lies when she asks something. (Hungarian way of saying that someone is a frequent liar)
csal – to cheat, to betray
csapda – trap
falaz – to stonewall
fedez (valakit) – to cover for sb.
hazug – liar
hazugság – lie (n.)
igaz – true
igazság – truth
kegyes hazugság – white lie
nagyzol – to swagger
szépít – to embellish
Did you like today’s word? Do you have a favourite memory hook for it or do you get it into your brain in a completely different way? Did we miss something in the explanation?
Share your thoughts, word visualizations or learning tips below in the comments and remember, the more you use a new word, the easier it will stick in your memory!
Wanna learn more?
- FREE Course: The Fast Lane to Understand Hungarian!
- Smart Hungarian Audio Course: Finally Understand Natural, Spoken Hungarian!
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: The 10 Most Important Hungarian Verbs (and how to Use them)
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Learn the Hungarian Present Tense (in 30 Minutes)
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Everything You Need to Know about “Meg”
- 23 Awesome Hungarian Words that Don’t Exist in English
- 35 Good Reasons You Should Bother Learning Hungarian
- Learn Hungarian Passively: 8 Ways to integrate Hungarian into your Everyday-Life
- Learn the Hungarian Numbers in 9 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)
- Learn the Hungarian Alphabet in 4 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)