Mindenki aki cigizik tudja, hogy káros.
Everyone, that smokes, knows, that harmful.
Everyone who smokes knows that it’s harmful.
A legtöbb szenvedély káros.
The most addiction harmful.
Most addictions are harmful.
árt – to harm
ártalmas – another word for harmful
bánt – to hurt
kár – damage, harm (n.)
károsít – to damage
megsemmisít – to destroy, to annihilate
okoz – to cause
seb – wound
sértő – hurtful, offending
veszélyes – dangerous
Did you like today’s word? Do you have a favourite memory hook for it or do you get it into your brain in a completely different way? Did we miss something in the explanation?
Share your thoughts, word visualizations or learning tips below in the comments and remember, the more you use a new word, the easier it will stick in your memory!
Wanna learn more?
- FREE Course: The Fast Lane to Understand Hungarian!
- Smart Hungarian Audio Course: Finally Understand Natural, Spoken Hungarian!
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: The 10 Most Important Hungarian Verbs (and how to Use them)
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Learn the Hungarian Present Tense (in 30 Minutes)
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Everything You Need to Know about “Meg”
- 23 Awesome Hungarian Words that Don’t Exist in English
- 35 Good Reasons You Should Bother Learning Hungarian
- Learn Hungarian Passively: 8 Ways to integrate Hungarian into your Everyday-Life
- Learn the Hungarian Numbers in 9 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)
- Learn the Hungarian Alphabet in 4 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)