A vicc addig jó, amíg nem bánt meg másokat.
The joke until-then good, until not hurts [meg = emphasis] others(acc.).
A joke’s good as long as it doesn’t hurt others.
Egy viccnél az is fontos, hogy hogy mesélik.
A joke-at that as-well important, that how tell-it-they.
An important factor of jokes is how they’re told.
favicc – corny joke (literally wood-joke)
kinevet – to laugh at so./sth.
mosolyog – to smile
móka – fun
mókás – funny
nevet – to laugh
nevetséges – ridiculous
poén – fun (adj.), punchline
poénos – funny
röhög – another, more colloquial term for to laugh
vigyorog – to smile very widely
viccel – to joke
vicces – funny
Did you like today’s word? Do you have a favourite memory hook for it or do you get it into your brain in a completely different way? Did we miss something in the explanation?
Share your thoughts, word visualizations or learning tips below in the comments and remember, the more you use a new word, the easier it will stick in your memory!
Wanna learn more?
- FREE Course: The Fast Lane to Understand Hungarian!
- Smart Hungarian Audio Course: Finally Understand Natural, Spoken Hungarian!
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: The 10 Most Important Hungarian Verbs (and how to Use them)
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Learn the Hungarian Present Tense (in 30 Minutes)
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Everything You Need to Know about “Meg”
- 23 Awesome Hungarian Words that Don’t Exist in English
- 35 Good Reasons You Should Bother Learning Hungarian
- Learn Hungarian Passively: 8 Ways to integrate Hungarian into your Everyday-Life
- Learn the Hungarian Numbers in 9 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)
- Learn the Hungarian Alphabet in 4 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)