Nagymamám nagyon magányos, amióta meghalt a nagypapám.
Grandma-my very lonely, since died the grandpa-my.
My grandma is really lonely since my grandpa died.
A csúcson magányos az ember.
The peak-on lonely the human.
It’s lonely on the top.
egyedül – alone
egyedüli – sole
együtt – together
magány – loneliness, solitude
önmagában – by him-/her-/itself
társ – partner
társaság – company
zárkózott – withdrawn, secretive
Did you like today’s word? Do you have a favourite memory hook for it or do you get it into your brain in a completely different way? Did we miss something in the explanation?
Share your thoughts, word visualizations or learning tips below in the comments and remember, the more you use a new word, the easier it will stick in your memory!
Wanna learn more?
- FREE Course: The Fast Lane to Understand Hungarian!
- Smart Hungarian Audio Course: Finally Understand Natural, Spoken Hungarian!
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: The 10 Most Important Hungarian Verbs (and how to Use them)
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Learn the Hungarian Present Tense (in 30 Minutes)
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Everything You Need to Know about “Meg”
- 23 Awesome Hungarian Words that Don’t Exist in English
- 35 Good Reasons You Should Bother Learning Hungarian
- Learn Hungarian Passively: 8 Ways to integrate Hungarian into your Everyday-Life
- Learn the Hungarian Numbers in 9 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)
- Learn the Hungarian Alphabet in 4 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)