A csontleves egy tipikus magyar leves.
Bone-soup is a typical Hungarian soup.
[The bone-soup a typical Hungarian soup.]
Csont és bőr vagy, biztos eszel eleget?
You’re all skin and bones – are you sure you’re eating enough?
[bone and skin are-you, sure eat-you enough?]
bőr – skin
velő – bone marrow
rosszcsont – “bad bone” – used with children when they’re being “naughty” (“Rosszcsont vagy!” – “You’re a bad bone!”)
Did you like today’s word? Do you have a favourite memory hook for it or do you get it into your brain in a completely different way? Did we miss something in the explanation?
Share your thoughts, word visualizations or learning tips below in the comments and remember, the more you use a new word, the easier it will stick in your memory!
Wanna learn more?
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Learn the Hungarian Present Tense (in 30 Minutes)
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Everything You Need to Know about “Meg”
- 23 Awesome Hungarian Words that Don’t Exist in English
- 35 Good Reasons You Should Bother Learning Hungarian
- Learn Hungarian Passively: 8 Ways to integrate Hungarian into your Everyday-Life
- Learn the Hungarian Numbers in 9 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)
- Learn the Hungarian Alphabet in 4 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)