past (n. & adj.)
Nincs sok értelme a múlton agyalni.
Not-exists much sense-it’s the past-on to-ruminate.
There’s no point of ruminating about the past.
Múlt héten vettem egy autót.
Past week-on bought-I a car(acc.).
I bought a car last/past week.
emlék – memory
emlékszik – to remember
idő – time
időtlen – timeless
jelen – present
jövő – future
múlik – to be passing (e.g. time)
múló – passing
múlt idő – past tense (grammatical)
Did you like today’s word? Do you have a favourite memory hook for it or do you get it into your brain in a completely different way? Did we miss something in the explanation?
Share your thoughts, word visualizations or learning tips below in the comments and remember, the more you use a new word, the easier it will stick in your memory!
Wanna learn more?
- FREE Course: The Fast Lane to Understand Hungarian!
- Smart Hungarian Audio Course: Finally Understand Natural, Spoken Hungarian!
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: The 10 Most Important Hungarian Verbs (and how to Use them)
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Learn the Hungarian Present Tense (in 30 Minutes)
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Everything You Need to Know about “Meg”
- 23 Awesome Hungarian Words that Don’t Exist in English
- 35 Good Reasons You Should Bother Learning Hungarian
- Learn Hungarian Passively: 8 Ways to integrate Hungarian into your Everyday-Life
- Learn the Hungarian Numbers in 9 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)
- Learn the Hungarian Alphabet in 4 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)