Szeretem nyugalomban tölteni a szilvesztert.
I like to spend New Year’s Eve in tranquility.
[Like-I tranquility-in to-spend the New-Year’s-Eve.]
Szeretek a temetőben lenni, mert ott mindig nyugalom van.
I like to spend time in the cemetery, because there’s always calmness.
[Like-I the cemetery-in to-be, because there always calmness is.]
béke – peace
kikapcsolódás – relaxation (literally: off-switching)
lazít – to relax
nyughatatlan – restless
nyugodt – calm, relaxed
nyugtató – calming, soothing, also: sedative pill
nyugtalan – unsettled, uneasy
Nyugi! – Calm down!, Relax!
Did you like today’s word? Do you have a favourite memory hook for it or do you get it into your brain in a completely different way? Did we miss something in the explanation?
Share your thoughts, word visualizations or learning tips below in the comments and remember, the more you use a new word, the easier it will stick in your memory!
Wanna learn more?
- FREE Course: The Fast Lane to Understand Hungarian!
- Smart Hungarian Audio Course: Finally Understand Natural, Spoken Hungarian!
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Learn the Hungarian Present Tense (in 30 Minutes)
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Everything You Need to Know about “Meg”
- 23 Awesome Hungarian Words that Don’t Exist in English
- 35 Good Reasons You Should Bother Learning Hungarian
- Learn Hungarian Passively: 8 Ways to integrate Hungarian into your Everyday-Life
- Learn the Hungarian Numbers in 9 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)
- Learn the Hungarian Alphabet in 4 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)