Kevés olyan dolog van, amit nem tudok megbocsátani.
There aren’t many things that I cannot forgive.
[Few such thing exists, that(acc.) not can-I to-forgive.]
A megbocsátás a legjobb dolog, amit tehetsz magaddal.
Forgiveness is the best thing you can do to yourself.
[The forgiveness the best things, that(acc.) do-can-you for-yourself.]
bocsánat / bocsi , bocs– sorry / colloq. abbreviations of “bocsánat”
bocsánatot kér – to ask for forgiveness
megbán – to regret
megbocsátás – forgiveness
sajnál – to feel sorry for so. / sth.
sajnálat – regret (n.), sorrow
sajnáltat – to make others feel sorry for oneself or something / somebody else
Not to be confused with:
elbocsát – to lay so. off, to dismiss so.
kibocsát – to issue (a law, a document, etc.)
Did you like today’s word? Do you have a favourite memory hook for it or do you get it into your brain in a completely different way? Did we miss something in the explanation?
Share your thoughts, word visualizations or learning tips below in the comments and remember, the more you use a new word, the easier it will stick in your memory!
Wanna learn more?
- FREE Course: The Fast Lane to Understand Hungarian!
- Smart Hungarian Audio Course: Finally Understand Natural, Spoken Hungarian!
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Learn the Hungarian Present Tense (in 30 Minutes)
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Everything You Need to Know about “Meg”
- 23 Awesome Hungarian Words that Don’t Exist in English
- 35 Good Reasons You Should Bother Learning Hungarian
- Learn Hungarian Passively: 8 Ways to integrate Hungarian into your Everyday-Life
- Learn the Hungarian Numbers in 9 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)
- Learn the Hungarian Alphabet in 4 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)