A könyv hatszáz oldalas.
The book has 600 pages.
[The book 600 page-y.]
Egy problémát mindig több oldalról kell szemlélni.
A problem is always to be viewed from multiple sides.
[A problem(acc.) always more side-from has-to view.]
könyv – book
sokoldalú – versatile (many-page-y)
oldalas – spareribs (the meat from the side of the cow)
Not to be confused with:
old – to solve / to dissolve
Did you like today’s word? Do you have a favourite memory hook for it or do you get it into your brain in a completely different way? Did we miss something in the explanation?
Share your thoughts, word visualizations or learning tips below in the comments and remember, the more you use a new word, the easier it will stick in your memory!
Wanna learn more?
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Learn the Hungarian Present Tense (in 30 Minutes)
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Everything You Need to Know about “Meg”
- 23 Awesome Hungarian Words that Don’t Exist in English
- 35 Good Reasons You Should Bother Learning Hungarian
- Learn Hungarian Passively: 8 Ways to integrate Hungarian into your Everyday-Life
- Learn the Hungarian Numbers in 9 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)
- Learn the Hungarian Alphabet in 4 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)