autumn, but also: grey-haired
Az ősz a legszínesebb évszak.
Autumn is the most colourful season.
[The autumn the most-colourful season.]
Tegnap felfedeztem egy ősz hajszálat és sikítottam egy hatalmasat.
Yesterday I discovered a grey hair and let out a giant scream.
[Yesterday discovered-I a grey hair(acc.) and screamed-I a giant-one(acc.).]
őszül – to become grey-haired
tavasz – spring
nyár – summer
tél – winter
évszak – season
levél – leaf
hullik – to fall (usually associated with leaves falling down the trees)
színes – colourful
Not to be confused with:
őz – deer
Did you like today’s word? Do you have a favourite memory hook for it or do you get it into your brain in a completely different way? Did we miss something in the explanation?
Share your thoughts, word visualizations or learning tips below in the comments and remember, the more you use a new word, the easier it will stick in your memory!
Wanna learn more?
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Learn the Hungarian Present Tense (in 30 Minutes)
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Everything You Need to Know about “Meg”
- 23 Awesome Hungarian Words that Don’t Exist in English
- 35 Good Reasons You Should Bother Learning Hungarian
- Learn Hungarian Passively: 8 Ways to integrate Hungarian into your Everyday-Life
- Learn the Hungarian Numbers in 9 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)
- Learn the Hungarian Alphabet in 4 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)