Jó irányba halad az életem.
My life is going in the right direction.
[Good direction-in proceeds the life-my.]
Nem tudom, hogy melyik irányba induljak.
I don’t know in which direction to start.
[Not know-I, that which direction-in start-I.]
égtáj – cardinal point
bal / balra – left / on the left, to the left
jobb / jobbra – right / on the right, to the right
iránytű – compass
merre? – which way? / in which direction?
erre – this way / in this direction
arra – that way / in that direction
Did you like today’s word? Do you have a favourite memory hook for it or do you get it into your brain in a completely different way? Did we miss something in the explanation?
Share your thoughts, word visualizations or learning tips below in the comments and remember, the more you use a new word, the easier it will stick in your memory!
Wanna learn more?
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Learn the Hungarian Present Tense (in 30 Minutes)
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Everything You Need to Know about “Meg”
- 23 Awesome Hungarian Words that Don’t Exist in English
- 35 Good Reasons You Should Bother Learning Hungarian
- Learn Hungarian Passively: 8 Ways to integrate Hungarian into your Everyday-Life
- Learn the Hungarian Numbers in 9 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)
- Learn the Hungarian Alphabet in 4 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)