to rest, to chill out
Listen to the refrain of this legendary song for several times 🙂
Az utazás nem feltétlenül a pihenésről szól.
Travelling isn’t necessarily about resting.
[The travel not necessarily the resting-from sounds.]
Péntek este inkább bulizok, minthogy pihenjek.
I rather go out to party than rest on a Friday night.
[Friday night rather party-I, than chill-should-I.]
pihent, pihentagyú – a person who has a very tiring sensing humour – visit this article for more awesome Hungarian words that don’t exist in English
lazít – to relax
ágy – bed
matrac – mattress
hétvége – weekend
szabadság – leave of absence (literally: freedom)
nyaralás – vacation
Did you like today’s word? Do you have a favourite memory hook for it or do you get it into your brain in a completely different way? Did we miss something in the explanation?
Share your thoughts, word visualizations or learning tips below in the comments and remember, the more you use a new word, the easier it will stick in your memory!
Wanna learn more?
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Learn the Hungarian Present Tense (in 30 Minutes)
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Everything You Need to Know about “Meg”
- 23 Awesome Hungarian Words that Don’t Exist in English
- 35 Good Reasons You Should Bother Learning Hungarian
- Learn Hungarian Passively: 8 Ways to integrate Hungarian into your Everyday-Life
- Learn the Hungarian Numbers in 9 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)
- Learn the Hungarian Alphabet in 4 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)