Annának semmit nem mondok el, mert állandóan pletykál.
I don’t tell Anna anything because she’s constantly gossiping.
[Anna-for nothing not tell-I away, because constantly gossips.]
Azok pletykálnak, akik unják a saját életüket.
The people who gossip are bored of their own lives.
[Those gossip, who(pl.) be-bored-of-they the own life-theirs.]
híresztel/ híresztelés – to spread rumors / rumor spreading (n.)
kibeszél – to talk behind someone’s back (literally: to out-talk)
pletyka – gossip (n.)
pletykás – gossipy
szarkeverés (slang) – shit-stirring
szarkeverő (slang) – shit-stirring person
szóbeszéd – rumor
Did you like today’s word? Do you have a favourite memory hook for it or do you get it into your brain in a completely different way? Did we miss something in the explanation?
Share your thoughts, word visualizations or learning tips below in the comments and remember, the more you use a new word, the easier it will stick in your memory!
Wanna learn more?
- FREE Course: The Fast Lane to Understand Hungarian!
- Smart Hungarian Audio Course: Finally Understand Natural, Spoken Hungarian!
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Learn the Hungarian Present Tense (in 30 Minutes)
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Everything You Need to Know about “Meg”
- 23 Awesome Hungarian Words that Don’t Exist in English
- 35 Good Reasons You Should Bother Learning Hungarian
- Learn Hungarian Passively: 8 Ways to integrate Hungarian into your Everyday-Life
- Learn the Hungarian Numbers in 9 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)
- Learn the Hungarian Alphabet in 4 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!