finally, at last
A tesóm végre elvégezte az egyetemet.
My sister/brother finally finished her university studies.
[The sister/brother-my finally finished-it the university(acc.).]
Végre zöld a lámpa.
Finally, the traffic light turned green.
[Finally green the lamp.]
vég – end (n.)
végez – to finish, to be done, also: to carry out
végre valahára – colloq. way of saying “finally” & “at last” with a big emphasis
végtelen – endless, infinite
végül – eventually, ultimately, in the end
végül is – after all
Did you like today’s word? Do you have a favourite memory hook for it or do you get it into your brain in a completely different way? Did we miss something in the explanation?
Share your thoughts, word visualizations or learning tips below in the comments and remember, the more you use a new word, the easier it will stick in your memory!
Wanna learn more?
- FREE Course: The Fast Lane to Understand Hungarian!
- Smart Hungarian Audio Course: Finally Understand Natural, Spoken Hungarian!
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Learn the Hungarian Present Tense (in 30 Minutes)
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Everything You Need to Know about “Meg”
- 23 Awesome Hungarian Words that Don’t Exist in English
- 35 Good Reasons You Should Bother Learning Hungarian
- Learn Hungarian Passively: 8 Ways to integrate Hungarian into your Everyday-Life
- Learn the Hungarian Numbers in 9 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)
- Learn the Hungarian Alphabet in 4 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)