Clothing, dress (noun)
RIHAnna is wearing an amazing dress.
Nem a ruha teszi az embert.
Clothes don’t make people. (i.e. It’s not the clothing that counts when judging people.)
[Not the dress makes the human(acc.)]
Csak akkor veszek fel csinos ruhát, ha nagyon muszáj.
I only wear fancy clothes when I really have to.
[Only then put-I on fancy clothing(acc.), when very obligatory.]
öltözik – to dress
csinos – fancy, nifty
szoknya – skirt
nadrág – trousers
ing – shirt
pulcsi / pullóver – sweater
póló – tee
bugyi – panties
alsógatya – boyer shorts
ékszer – jewelry
Did you like today’s word? Do you have a favourite memory hook for it or do you get it into your brain in a completely different way? Did we miss something in the explanation?
Share your thoughts, word visualizations or learning tips below in the comments and remember, the more you use a new word, the easier it will stick in your memory!
Wanna learn more?
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Learn the Hungarian Present Tense (in 30 Minutes)
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Everything You Need to Know about “Meg”
- 23 Awesome Hungarian Words that Don’t Exist in English
- 35 Good Reasons You Should Bother Learning Hungarian
- Learn Hungarian Passively: 8 Ways to integrate Hungarian into your Everyday-Life
- Learn the Hungarian Numbers in 9 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)
- Learn the Hungarian Alphabet in 4 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!