hat / cap
I bought the hat at the SHOP COunter.
Még télen sem hordok sapkát, mert lapos lesz alatta a hajam.
I don’t wear a hat, even in winter, because my hair becomes flat below.
[Even winter-on neither wear-I hat(acc.), because flat becomes below-it the hair-my.]
Egy szép színes sapka feldobja az egész telet.
A nice and colourful hat lifts up the whole winter.
[A nice colourful hat up-throws the whole winter.]
kalap – a formal hat with a brim
kesztyű – gloves
sál – scarf
Did you like today’s word? Do you have a favourite memory hook for it or do you get it into your brain in a completely different way? Did we miss something in the explanation?
Share your thoughts, word visualizations or learning tips below in the comments and remember, the more you use a new word, the easier it will stick in your memory!
Wanna learn more?
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Learn the Hungarian Present Tense (in 30 Minutes)
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Everything You Need to Know about “Meg”
- 23 Awesome Hungarian Words that Don’t Exist in English
- 35 Good Reasons You Should Bother Learning Hungarian
- Learn Hungarian Passively: 8 Ways to integrate Hungarian into your Everyday-Life
- Learn the Hungarian Numbers in 9 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)
- Learn the Hungarian Alphabet in 4 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)