There is no reason to be sad in SUMMER.
Ugyanúgy mint az öröm, a szomorúság is csak átmeneti érzés.
Just as happiness, sadness too is just an evanescent feeling.
[Same as happiness, the sadness too only evanescent feeling.]
Néha a szomorúság is hozzátartozik az élethez.
Sometimes sadness is simply a part of life.
[Sometimes sadness also to-it-belongs the life-to.]
szomorúság – sadness
bánat / bánatos – synonyms for sad & sadness
gyász / gyászol – mourning (n.) / to mourn
boldog / boldogság – happy / happiness
könny – tear (n.)
könnycsepp – teardrop
Did you like today’s word? Do you have a favourite memory hook for it or do you get it into your brain in a completely different way? Did we miss something in the explanation?
Share your thoughts, word visualizations or learning tips below in the comments and remember, the more you use a new word, the easier it will stick in your memory!
Wanna learn more?
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Learn the Hungarian Present Tense (in 30 Minutes)
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Everything You Need to Know about “Meg”
- 23 Awesome Hungarian Words that Don’t Exist in English
- 35 Good Reasons You Should Bother Learning Hungarian
- Learn Hungarian Passively: 8 Ways to integrate Hungarian into your Everyday-Life
- Learn the Hungarian Numbers in 9 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)
- Learn the Hungarian Alphabet in 4 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)