Title (of a book, etc.)
It SEEMs like he changed his address.
Ha lehet, nem adom meg a címemet sehol.
I avoid giving my address away whenever I can.
[If possible, not give-I away the address-my nowhere.]
Nagyon sokat gondolkodtunk, hogy mi legyen a könyvünk címe.
We were thinking a lot about the right title for our book.
[Very much thought-we, about what should-be the book-ours title-of.]
címzett – addressee
feladó – sender
levél – letter (but also: leaf)
lakcím – physical address
lakcímkártya – certificate of registration of the physical address
doktori cím – doctoral title
Not to be confused with:
cimke – label (n.)
Did you like today’s word? Do you have a favourite memory hook for it or do you get it into your brain in a completely different way? Did we miss something in the explanation?
Share your thoughts, word visualizations or learning tips below in the comments and remember, the more you use a new word, the easier it will stick in your memory!
Wanna learn more?
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Learn the Hungarian Present Tense (in 30 Minutes)
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Everything You Need to Know about “Meg”
- 23 Awesome Hungarian Words that Don’t Exist in English
- 35 Good Reasons You Should Bother Learning Hungarian
- Learn Hungarian Passively: 8 Ways to integrate Hungarian into your Everyday-Life
- Learn the Hungarian Numbers in 9 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)
- Learn the Hungarian Alphabet in 4 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)