TANYA is working on a farm.
A tanyasi élet sokszor keményebb, mint a városi.
Life on a farm is often harder than in the city.
[The farm-y life often harder, than the urban.]
Egy tanyán nőttem fel, de most már egy városban lakom.
I grew up on a farm, but now I live in a city.
[A farm-on grew-I up, but now already a city-in live-I.]
farm – another word for “tanya”
mező – meadow
tehén / boci – cow
disznó / malac – pig
tyúk – chicken
Did you like today’s word? Do you have a favourite memory hook for it or do you get it into your brain in a completely different way? Did we miss something in the explanation?
Share your thoughts, word visualizations or learning tips below in the comments and remember, the more you use a new word, the easier it will stick in your memory!
Wanna learn more?
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Learn the Hungarian Present Tense (in 30 Minutes)
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Everything You Need to Know about “Meg”
- 23 Awesome Hungarian Words that Don’t Exist in English
- 35 Good Reasons You Should Bother Learning Hungarian
- Learn Hungarian Passively: 8 Ways to integrate Hungarian into your Everyday-Life
- Learn the Hungarian Numbers in 9 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)
- Learn the Hungarian Alphabet in 4 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!