roof, top (of a mountain)
THAT Old roof needs repair.
Beázott a tető a sok esőtől.
The roof was leaking due to the heavy amount of rain.
[In-soaked the roof the much rain-from.]
Szeretek mászni, de nem az a legfontosabb, hogy felérjek a hegytetőre.
I like climbing, but the most important part is not reaching the mountaintop.
[Like-I climbing, but not that the most-important, that up-reach-I the mountaintop.]
padló – floor
fal – wall
plafon – ceiling
Did you like today’s word? Do you have a favourite memory hook for it or do you get it into your brain in a completely different way? Did we miss something in the explanation?
Share your thoughts, word visualizations or learning tips below in the comments and remember, the more you use a new word, the easier it will stick in your memory!
Wanna learn more?
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Learn the Hungarian Present Tense (in 30 Minutes)
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Everything You Need to Know about “Meg”
- 23 Awesome Hungarian Words that Don’t Exist in English
- 35 Good Reasons You Should Bother Learning Hungarian
- Learn Hungarian Passively: 8 Ways to integrate Hungarian into your Everyday-Life
- Learn the Hungarian Numbers in 9 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)
- Learn the Hungarian Alphabet in 4 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)