EGY= ONE (straight as a 1)
Az egyenes beszéd a legjobb.
“Straight talk” is the best (instead of beating around the bush).
[The straight talk the best.]
A sárga köves út nem mindig egyenes.
The yellow-brick road isn’t always straight.
[The yellow brick-y road not always straight.]
egyenesen – straightaway (when you’re talking about directions); point-blank
görbe – crooked
egyenetlen – uneven, irregular, anomalous
Did you like today’s word? Do you have a favourite memory hook for it or do you get it into your brain in a completely different way? Did we miss something in the explanation?
Share your thoughts, word visualizations or learning tips below in the comments and remember, the more you use a new word, the easier it will stick in your memory!
Wanna learn more?
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Learn the Hungarian Present Tense (in 30 Minutes)
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Everything You Need to Know about “Meg”
- 23 Awesome Hungarian Words that Don’t Exist in English
- 35 Good Reasons You Should Bother Learning Hungarian
- Learn Hungarian Passively: 8 Ways to integrate Hungarian into your Everyday-Life
- Learn the Hungarian Numbers in 9 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)
- Learn the Hungarian Alphabet in 4 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)