Legalább én még tükörbe tudok nézni.
At-least I still mirror-in can-I look.
At least I can still look into the mirror. (I.e. At least I’m not ashamed of myself – Title of an iconic song by Hungarian punk band Alvin és a Mókusok; you can listen to it right here.)
A szem a lélek tükre.
The eye the soul mirror-of.
The eyes are the mirror of the soul.
hiú – vain
hiúság – vanity
tükörkép – mirror image
tükörsima – smooth as a mirror
tükörreflexes fényképezőgép – reflex camera
tükörtojás – fried egg (literally: mirror-egg)
tükröz – to reflect, to mirror (actively – the mirror mirrors you)
tükrözött – mirror-inverted
tükröződik – to reflect, to mirror (passively – you get mirrored by the mirror)
tükröződés – reflexion
üveg – glass
Did you like today’s word? Do you have a favourite memory hook for it or do you get it into your brain in a completely different way? Did we miss something in the explanation?
Share your thoughts, word visualizations or learning tips below in the comments and remember, the more you use a new word, the easier it will stick in your memory!
Wanna learn more?
- FREE Course: The Fast Lane to Understand Hungarian!
- Smart Hungarian Audio Course: Finally Understand Natural, Spoken Hungarian!
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Learn the Hungarian Present Tense (in 30 Minutes)
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Everything You Need to Know about “Meg”
- 23 Awesome Hungarian Words that Don’t Exist in English
- 35 Good Reasons You Should Bother Learning Hungarian
- Learn Hungarian Passively: 8 Ways to integrate Hungarian into your Everyday-Life
- Learn the Hungarian Numbers in 9 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)
- Learn the Hungarian Alphabet in 4 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)