Az utasok nem kapaszkodtak, ezért elestek a kanyarban.
The passengers were not holding onto the straps and therefore were tumbling in the curve.
[The passengers not on-held, therefore tumbled-they the curve-in.]
A Nyolcadik Utas: A Halál
The eighth passenger: death (Hungarian title of the 1979-movie “Alien”)
[The Eights Passenger: The Death]
utazik – to travel
utazó – traveller (but not passenger)
utca – way street
út – way, street (usually a bit larger than “utca”)
útitárs – fellow passenger, travel companion
útvonal – route
Not to be confused with:
utasít – to instruct
utasítás – instructions
Did you like today’s word? Do you have a favourite memory hook for it or do you get it into your brain in a completely different way? Did we miss something in the explanation?
Share your thoughts, word visualizations or learning tips below in the comments and remember, the more you use a new word, the easier it will stick in your memory!
Wanna learn more?
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Learn the Hungarian Present Tense (in 30 Minutes)
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Everything You Need to Know about “Meg”
- 23 Awesome Hungarian Words that Don’t Exist in English
- 35 Good Reasons You Should Bother Learning Hungarian
- Learn Hungarian Passively: 8 Ways to integrate Hungarian into your Everyday-Life
- Learn the Hungarian Numbers in 9 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)
- Learn the Hungarian Alphabet in 4 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)