út = way
levél = letter
Európán belül már nem kell útlevél az utazáshoz.
Within Europe you don’t need a passport for travelling.
[Europe-on within anymore not need passport the travel-for.]
Van olyan ország, ahova nem elég az útleveled, hanem vízum is kell.
There are countries where your passport is not enough, since you need a visa as well.
[Exists such country, agere not enough the passport-yours, but visa as-well need.]
bevándorlás – immigration
csempészet – smuggling
határ – border, frontier
határellenőrzés – border control
menekült – refugee
utazás – travel
vám – customs
vízum – visa
Did you like today’s word? Do you have a favourite memory hook for it or do you get it into your brain in a completely different way? Did we miss something in the explanation?
Share your thoughts, word visualizations or learning tips below in the comments and remember, the more you use a new word, the easier it will stick in your memory!
Wanna learn more?
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Learn the Hungarian Present Tense (in 30 Minutes)
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Everything You Need to Know about “Meg”
- 23 Awesome Hungarian Words that Don’t Exist in English
- 35 Good Reasons You Should Bother Learning Hungarian
- Learn Hungarian Passively: 8 Ways to integrate Hungarian into your Everyday-Life
- Learn the Hungarian Numbers in 9 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)
- Learn the Hungarian Alphabet in 4 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)