Nekem a távolság nem akadály.
For-me the distance no obstacle.
Distance is no obstacle for me.
Hány akadályt kell még leküzdenem?
How-many obstacle(acc.) to-need yet to-combat-I?
How many more obstacles do I have to fight?
akadályoz – to hinder
akad – to get stuck
akadozik – to get stuck and stuck again, repeatedly, (e.g. a movie due to bad internet)
cél – goal
fékez – to brake
körülmény – circumstance
küzd – to fight
nehéz – hard, difficult, heavy
gátlás – complex, set of issues
gátol – to hinder
Did you like today’s word? Do you have a favourite memory hook for it or do you get it into your brain in a completely different way? Did we miss something in the explanation?
Share your thoughts, word visualizations or learning tips below in the comments and remember, the more you use a new word, the easier it will stick in your memory!
Wanna learn more?
- FREE Course: The Fast Lane to Understand Hungarian!
- Smart Hungarian Audio Course: Finally Understand Natural, Spoken Hungarian!
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Learn the Hungarian Present Tense (in 30 Minutes)
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Everything You Need to Know about “Meg”
- 23 Awesome Hungarian Words that Don’t Exist in English
- 35 Good Reasons You Should Bother Learning Hungarian
- Learn Hungarian Passively: 8 Ways to integrate Hungarian into your Everyday-Life
- Learn the Hungarian Numbers in 9 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)
- Learn the Hungarian Alphabet in 4 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)