A tettes eltüntette az áldozatot.
The villain made-disappear the victim(acc.).
The villain made the victim disappear.
Egy nagy cél megvalósítása mindig áldozattal jár.
A big goal achievement-its always sacrifice-with comes.
The achievement of a big goal always comes with sacrifices.
áldoz – to sacrifice, to devote
áldozás – communion
feláldoz – to sacrifice sth. for good
leáldozik – to decline, to come to an end (mostly used in career-terms, or for stars who have thei best times behind them)
öl – to kill
tettes – villain
tetthely – crime scene
ügyvéd – attorney
Did you like today’s word? Do you have a favourite memory hook for it or do you get it into your brain in a completely different way? Did we miss something in the explanation?
Share your thoughts, word visualizations or learning tips below in the comments and remember, the more you use a new word, the easier it will stick in your memory!
Wanna learn more?
- How to Learn Hungarian – The Ultimate Guide
- FREE Course: The Fast Lane to Understand Hungarian!
- Smart Hungarian Audio Course: Finally Understand Natural, Spoken Hungarian!
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: The 10 Most Important Hungarian Verbs (and how to Use them)
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Learn the Hungarian Present Tense (in 30 Minutes)
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Everything You Need to Know about “Meg”
- 23 Awesome Hungarian Words that Don’t Exist in English
- 35 Good Reasons You Should Bother Learning Hungarian
- Learn Hungarian Passively: 8 Ways to integrate Hungarian into your Everyday-Life
- Learn the Hungarian Numbers in 9 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)
- Learn the Hungarian Alphabet in 4 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)