Szél hozott, szél visz el.
Wind brought, wind bring away.
The wind brought me and the wind will take me away.
Nincsen bajom az esővel, amíg nem fújja a szél az arcomba.
Not-exists problem-my the rain-with, as-long-as not blow-it the wind the face-my-in.
I have no problems with rain as long as the wind doesn’t blow it into my face.
csapadék – precipitation
eső – rain
időjárás – weather
időjárásjelentés – weather forecast
köd – mist
orkán / hurrikán – hurricane
szellő – breeze
tornádó – tornado
vihar – storm
zivatar – thunderstorm
Did you like today’s word? Do you have a favourite memory hook for it or do you get it into your brain in a completely different way? Did we miss something in the explanation?
Share your thoughts, word visualizations or learning tips below in the comments and remember, the more you use a new word, the easier it will stick in your memory!
Wanna learn more?
- How to Learn Hungarian – The Ultimate Guide
- FREE Course: The Fast Lane to Understand Hungarian!
- Smart Hungarian Audio Course: Finally Understand Natural, Spoken Hungarian!
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: The 10 Most Important Hungarian Verbs (and how to Use them)
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Learn the Hungarian Present Tense (in 30 Minutes)
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Everything You Need to Know about “Meg”
- 23 Awesome Hungarian Words that Don’t Exist in English
- 35 Good Reasons You Should Bother Learning Hungarian
- Learn Hungarian Passively: 8 Ways to integrate Hungarian into your Everyday-Life
- Learn the Hungarian Numbers in 9 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)
- Learn the Hungarian Alphabet in 4 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)