bigheaded, smug, conceited
A beképzelt emberek mindig jobbnak állítják be magukat, mint amilyenek.
Bigheaded people always portray themselves as being better than they actually are.
[The bigheaded people always better-as place-they in themselves, than as-they-are.]
A beképzeltség sokszor csak egy álca.
Conceit is often just a mask.
[The conceit many-times just a mask.]
arrogáns – arrogant
bizonytalan – insecure
egoista – egoist
gátlástalan – unbridled
híú – vain (adj.)
képzel – to imagine
kíméletlen – ruthless
narcisztikus – narcissist
öntelt – priggish
Did you like today’s word? Do you have a favourite memory hook for it or do you get it into your brain in a completely different way? Did we miss something in the explanation?
Share your thoughts, word visualizations or learning tips below in the comments and remember, the more you use a new word, the easier it will stick in your memory!
Wanna learn more?
- FREE Course: The Fast Lane to Understand Hungarian!
- Smart Hungarian Audio Course: Finally Understand Natural, Spoken Hungarian!
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Learn the Hungarian Present Tense (in 30 Minutes)
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Everything You Need to Know about “Meg”
- 23 Awesome Hungarian Words that Don’t Exist in English
- 35 Good Reasons You Should Bother Learning Hungarian
- Learn Hungarian Passively: 8 Ways to integrate Hungarian into your Everyday-Life
- Learn the Hungarian Numbers in 9 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)
- Learn the Hungarian Alphabet in 4 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)