A nevetés a legjobb orvosság.
[The laughter the best medicine.]
Laughter is the best medicine.
A legnagyobb nevetéseim a barátaimmal vannak.
[The biggest laughs-mine the friends-mine-with are.]
I have the biggest laughs when I’m with my friends.
kacag – to yell with laughter
röhög – to guffaw
kuncog – to chuckle
vihog – to laugh with a somewhat screaming, high-pitched voice
kacarászik – to laugh rather silently, but for a long time
nevetgél – to laugh more than once during a certain period of time (e.g. along the course of a whole morning or afternoon)
somolyog – to smile in a n inscrutable, cunning way
mosolyog – to smile
megmosolyog – to deride
hahotázik – to laugh with a roar
vigyorog – to grin
kinevet / kiröhög – to laugh at sb.
Did you like today’s word? Do you have a favourite memory hook for it or do you get it into your brain in a completely different way? Did we miss something in the explanation?
Share your thoughts, word visualizations or learning tips below in the comments and remember, the more you use a new word, the easier it will stick in your memory!
Wanna learn more?
- FREE Course: The Fast Lane to Understand Hungarian!
- Smart Hungarian Audio Course: Finally Understand Natural, Spoken Hungarian!
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Learn the Hungarian Present Tense (in 30 Minutes)
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Everything You Need to Know about “Meg”
- 23 Awesome Hungarian Words that Don’t Exist in English
- 35 Good Reasons You Should Bother Learning Hungarian
- Learn Hungarian Passively: 8 Ways to integrate Hungarian into your Everyday-Life
- Learn the Hungarian Numbers in 9 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)
- Learn the Hungarian Alphabet in 4 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)