Today’s word of the day is a bit different from the others – we’re doing a Christmas special where we’ll teach you every Christmas-related term imaginable.
If you want to send a card or otherwise give your festive wishes to your Hungarian partner, in-laws, family or friends – this lesson is for you.
Happy, peaceful Christmas(acc.) wish-I for-you and the whole family-yours.
I wish you and your family a happy and peaceful Christmas. (A typical greeting that would go on a Hungarian Christmas card)
Blessed, love-in rich holidays wish-I.
I wish you blessed holidays rich in love. (Another greeting you can put on your Christmas card)
Pleasant Christmas-y holidays(acc.) and happy new year(acc.) wish-I.
I wish you a pleasant Christmas and a happy New Year. (and another one.)
Note: As opposed to most common languages, holidays (even the holiest ones!) are lowercased in Hungarian.
Did you like today’s word? Do you have a favorite memory hook for it or do you get it into your brain in a completely different way? Did we miss something in the explanation?
Share your thoughts, word visualizations or learning tips below in the comments and remember, the more you use a new word, the easier it will stick in your memory!
Wanna learn more?
- FREE Course: The Fast Lane to Understand Hungarian!
- Smart Hungarian Audio Course: Finally Understand Natural, Spoken Hungarian!
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Learn the Hungarian Present Tense (in 30 Minutes)
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Everything You Need to Know about “Meg”
- 23 Awesome Hungarian Words that Don’t Exist in English
- 35 Good Reasons You Should Bother Learning Hungarian
- Learn Hungarian Passively: 8 Ways to integrate Hungarian into your Everyday-Life
- Learn the Hungarian Numbers in 9 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)
- Learn the Hungarian Alphabet in 4 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)