Inkább ceruzával rajzolok, mint tollal.
I rather draw with a pencil than with a pen.
[Rather pencil-with draw-I, than pen-with.]
A ceruzának az az előnye, hogy ki lehet radírozni.
The advantage of a pencil is that you can erase it.
[The pencil-to that the advantage-of-it, that out possible erase.]
rajz / rajzol – drawing / to draw
toll – pen
író / ír – writer & author / to write
papír – paper
piszkozat – draft
Did you like today’s word? Do you have a favourite memory hook for it or do you get it into your brain in a completely different way? Did we miss something in the explanation?
Share your thoughts, word visualizations or learning tips below in the comments and remember, the more you use a new word, the easier it will stick in your memory!
Wanna learn more?
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Learn the Hungarian Present Tense (in 30 Minutes)
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Everything You Need to Know about “Meg”
- 23 Awesome Hungarian Words that Don’t Exist in English
- 35 Good Reasons You Should Bother Learning Hungarian
- Learn Hungarian Passively: 8 Ways to integrate Hungarian into your Everyday-Life
- Learn the Hungarian Numbers in 9 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)
- Learn the Hungarian Alphabet in 4 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)