outer space, void, emptiness
“A Marsi” a kedvenc filmem, ami az űrben játszódik.
“The Martian” is my favourite movie that’s set in space.
[“The Martian” the favourite movie-my, which the space-in plays.]
Egy hatalmas űr maradt csak bennem, miután elmentél.
There was nothing left inside of me but a huge empty space after you left.
[A huge emptiness stayed only inside-of-me, after away-went-you.]
űrhajó – spaceship
űrhajós – astronaut
bolygó – planet
fekete lyuk – black hole
lyuk – hole
naprendszer – solar system
tejút – Milky Way
galaxis – galaxy
csillag – star
hold – moon
ufó, földönkívüli – alien
Not to be confused with:
úr – mister, sir
üres – empty
ürge – gophel, but also: bloke, chap, fellow
Did you like today’s word? Do you have a favourite memory hook for it or do you get it into your brain in a completely different way? Did we miss something in the explanation?
Share your thoughts, word visualizations or learning tips below in the comments and remember, the more you use a new word, the easier it will stick in your memory!
Wanna learn more?
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Learn the Hungarian Present Tense (in 30 Minutes)
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Everything You Need to Know about “Meg”
- 23 Awesome Hungarian Words that Don’t Exist in English
- 35 Good Reasons You Should Bother Learning Hungarian
- Learn Hungarian Passively: 8 Ways to integrate Hungarian into your Everyday-Life
- Learn the Hungarian Numbers in 9 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)
- Learn the Hungarian Alphabet in 4 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)