Nem tudok dönteni a barátaim között, de szerencsére nem is kell.
Not can-I to-decide the friends-my between, but luckily not [enhancement] need.
I can’t decide between my friends but luckily I don’t have to.
Döntened kell köztem, vagy a férjed között.
Decide-must-you between-me, or the husband-yours between.
You have to decide between me and your husband.
döntés – decision, choice
döntetlen – tied, drawn (in games)
döntésképtelen – unable to decide
döntő – finals (sports)
elhatároz – to decide sth. permanently, to determine
között – between
szavaz – to vote
választ – to choose
Did you like today’s word? Do you have a favourite memory hook for it or do you get it into your brain in a completely different way? Did we miss something in the explanation?
Share your thoughts, word visualizations or learning tips below in the comments and remember, the more you use a new word, the easier it will stick in your memory!
Wanna learn more?
- How to Learn Hungarian – The Ultimate Guide
- FREE Course: The Fast Lane to Understand Hungarian!
- Smart Hungarian Audio Course: Finally Understand Natural, Spoken Hungarian!
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: The 10 Most Important Hungarian Verbs (and how to Use them)
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Learn the Hungarian Present Tense (in 30 Minutes)
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Everything You Need to Know about “Meg”
- 23 Awesome Hungarian Words that Don’t Exist in English
- 35 Good Reasons You Should Bother Learning Hungarian
- Learn Hungarian Passively: 8 Ways to integrate Hungarian into your Everyday-Life
- Learn the Hungarian Numbers in 9 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)
- Learn the Hungarian Alphabet in 4 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)